Demco Air Force One Braking System • 9599007
- The Demco Air Force One Braking System energizes the towed vehicle’s power brakes through a patented process that does not require an electronic vacuum pump.
- It has no moving parts to wear out.
- It uses a pilot signal from the coach’s air brake system to deliver 100% direct proportional braking.
- The towed vehicle experiences the same perfect braking symmetry as each individual brake on the coach.
- The system is composed of three main components: the Operating Unit, the Actuator, and the Coach Air Assembly.
- The Operating Unit mounts under the hood of the towed vehicle, completely out of sight.
- It houses the vacuum generator for the towed’s power assist and also the reserve air supply for the breakaway circuit.
- The brake actuator is compact, mounting on the brake arm of the towed vehicle and securing to the firewall with just one self-drilling screw.
- The actuator has a proprietary design that makes binding and cable hang-ups impossible as all the force is completely linear, no pulleys.
- Once installed, the entire system is invisible and always ready for towing with no set up or take down. To meet federal regulations (FMVSS 121) and chassis warranty requirements when using air brakes, the supplemental brake system must protect the towing vehicle air supply.
- Air Force One offers Total Coach Protection with a patented breakaway system that seals the coach’s air supply in the event of a separation of the coach and the towed vehicle.
- The Coach Air Assembly is pre-assembled and pre-tested for function and leaks.
- Its compact size (approximately 12” x 10” x 6”) and flexible mounting options make securing the coach with two 3/8” bolts a snap.
- All fittings are included and are push-to-connect style DOT rated.
- The Air Force One is compatible with all makes and models, from the smallest Smart or Fiat to the largest diesel pickup or Hummer H2, and everything in between including hybrids.
- It comes complete with everything necessary for installation on every towed vehicle.